Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Unbridled optimism

Monday, June 26, 2006

Okay, I’ve had the shittiest month, but even after everything that’s happened; I’m thankful. I know it sounds so cheesy, but all the crap has only served to bring me & Jay closer together. And it’s made me realize just how special my friends really are. I mean, after losing my purse, one of my friends gave me $50 to help me recover, and my boss paid the locksmith fee to change the tumbler/chip setup in my ignition and get new keys for it. Jay found out he’s losing his job; one of his friends is there to hire him to sub-contract off of him. Neighbor threatens to kill our dog…well, nobody’s done anything especially helpful about that, but everybody’s made sure to pay some special attention to Jedi and let her know what a good dog she is. Nothing short of killing the redneck (which none of us would be capable of) who threatened her or moving is going to solve that one. Although at the moment she’s not allowed outside of the house unless she’s on one end of a leash and either I or Jay is on the other.

The baby’s great. Not so much of a baby anymore. She’ll be two in just over a week. *sigh* Where does the time go? After her first successful “big girl” elimination, she’s shown not the slightest interest in doing so again. I was hoping to have her trained before her birthday, but it’s not looking like it’s going to happen. I guess we just have to wait until she’s ready (within reason, of course).

I had a birthday party over the weekend. It was a total blast. We had a huge water fight in the backyard. Bean thought it was fabulous. She especially loved the water balloons. I believe this may have to become an annual event. I’ve always had certain friends that are responsible for certain parties. JJ throws the Halloween party, Big D and Step always have the New Year’s Eve party, and Bear always does 4th of July. I’ve always wanted to have one of those parties that everyone always looks forward to. Maybe it should just be the beginning of summer water fight. Sounds good to me.

We did have to call off kind of early though, because Saturday brought a surprise phone call from the bar, wanting to know if the band could play. Apparently, all but one of the bands scheduled backed out. The show was a bust, it was a bunch of people expecting rockabilly rather than punk, but the guys sounded okay.

Oh yeah, just to round out the month of horrors, our roof started leaking today.

Labels: