Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

100 Things

Friday, August 04, 2006

Really, I love reading other people's 100 things; it always makes me feel like I know them so much better afterwards. I thought I'd go ahead and do one, too.

1. I'm not a religious person. At all.
2. I have no idea what I want to be when I "grow up." I'm running out of time to decide.
3. I have artistic vision, but no artistic talent.
4. I love tattoos. I have 3, and so many more that I'm planning in my head. I just need the time and money to get them done.
5. I'm a fish out of water.
6. I love outdoor sports. Kayaking, caving, rock-climbing, fishing, etc.
7. I'm a pushover.
8. I know how to swing dance. At least, I used to. It's been a few years since I've had occasion to use this knowledge.
9. My heritage is part-Irish, part-English and part-Gypsy. I live up to the Irish part with my love of whiskey, the English part with my sense of propriety, and the Gypsy part with my mysticism.
10. I'm a very picky eater. It's insanity. I don't like rice.
11. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people mispronounce words. Like "nuke-u-lar" for nuclear and "an-tie-thee-sis" for antithesis.
12. I want to be a pirate. I've wanted to be a pirate for years, even before Pirates of the Caribbean came out. Although it was that ride that started my love of pirates, when I was 3.
13. I'm a recovering drug addict. I've been clean for 4 years now. Yay me!
14. I always play the role of peace keeper.
15. I've always been one of the boys. Growing up it was all He-Man & Thundercats. As I got older it went to bugs and snot.
16. I pathologically make to-do lists. And don't do half the stuff on them.
17. I'm terrified of thunderstorms. I don't know why.
18. I hate washing dishes. If I could give up any chore forever, this would be it.
19. I love my freckles. Again with the Irish heritage.
20. The Simpsons is my favorite TV show. D'oh!
21. I'm more likely to be captivated by an intruiging lyric in a song than I am an intricate guitar riff. This is probably because I don't know how to play an instrument.
22. I'm a geek. Completely and totally. Sci-fi, RPG's, etc.
23. I can be shy around new people or large groups of people. People sometimes mistake this for being stuck-up. The only way I've found to get around this is to get drunk.
24. Driving scares me, but I do it anyway. I'm prone to having panic attacks when I drive.
25. I'd rather go barefoot. I've always been this way. It reminds me of summertime and childhood.
26. I stole my cousin's bike when I was 10, and promptly wrecked it. I completely believe in karma.
27. I love trivia. Especially the completely pointless kind.
28. Everyone is either a Beatles person or an Elvis person. I'm a Beatles person.
29. I was an extra in a movie once. You've probably never seen it. I did get to meet some movie stars though. Ben Affleck & Rachel Weisz.
30. I can't stand milk. It's disgusting.
31. My nephew once said that none of his friends in school has a cool aunt like me. I think this was the best compliment I've ever received.
32. I dye my hair out of boredom.
33. If I'm not at work, chances are good that I'll be wearing a bandanna. I love 'em.
34. The thing I miss most about living in the country is a good view of the night sky. There're too many lights in the city. It makes stargazing difficult.
35. I have no internal sense of time, direction, temperature, anything.
36. I like dangly earrings. I know this is embracing my inner "girly" self, but I don't care.
37. I'm fascinated and horrified at the same time by serial killers. One of my exes suggested that I go into criminal profiling, because my interest would just be creepy otherwise.
38. I was diagnosed with "repetitive stress arthritis" in my hands when I was 19 years old. My mom feels so justified about having told me to quit popping my knuckles all the time when I was younger now.
39. I wish I could afford Lasik surgery. I can't wear contacts anymore, because I had an ulcerated cornea when I was 20, and I hate my glasses.
40. I took a don't-stand-too-close-to-the-curtains flamer to my senior prom. We had a blast.
41. Said prom date became my first roommate when I moved out of my parents house.
42. I have always wanted a nickname. Never had one.
43. When I was young I wanted to be a vet when I grew up. The thought of having to put animals to sleep is what discouraged me from following this dream.
44. My sister used to dress me up like I was her personal doll and take pictures. I have a polaroid where she dressed me up like I was Madonna (complete with cone breasts) when I was 3 years old.
45. No, I will not be posting that picture.
46. I had a lot of trouble finding myself in high school. I went through the jock thing, the drama thing, the grunge thing, the goth thing, and the raver thing. In that order.
47. My ex-fiance and I had a lot of hard times, but he probably saved my life. He did a lot to help me get drug-free.
48. I used to cut myself. This is when I was also writing a lot of really bad teen angst poetry and reading a lot of Sylvia Plath.
49. I'm a sub. If you know what that means, great, if you don't know, don't ask.
50. One of my favorite parts of being a mom is going back and watching all the Disney animated movies again. My favorite one is Aladinn.
51. I carry my camera with me at all times. At least I did, before it got stolen along with the rest of my purse.
52. I love playing in the rain.
53. I'm 24 years old, and know absolutely nothing about proper make-up technique. This is sad.
54. I've had 5 different body piercings, but they're all gone now.
55. Don't tell Jay this, and I'll deny I said it 'till the day I die, but, yeah, he totally wears the pants in our relationship.
56. I'm a lousy cook. I'm working on this one, though.
57. I'm extremely gullible, and a bit supersticious. This combination adds up to one great conspiracy theorist.
58. I would've gone to carousel. I never would've had the courage to be a runner.
59. I'll go ahead and get this out of the way so you can hate me if you want to. I got pregnant when I was an addict. I terminated the pregnancy. I have to live with that every day of my life.
60. I always think of the best snappy comeback 2 hours after I needed it.
61. My biggest hero is my uncle. He died due to complications of AIDS when I was very young, and honestly, I don't remember very much about him. But from what I can infer between the lines when my prissy aunts & uncles bitch about him, I think we would've gotten along smashingly.
62. I love shocking my prudish family members.
63. I still play RPG's. As I've said before, and will say again, I'm a total dork.
64. I cry obnoxiously during movies. To the point that I don't like going to the movie theater; I prefer to rent the DVD.
65. I also cry while reading books. I find it easier to become emotionally invested when I'm creating the visuals myself. That made me sound kind of crazy.
66. I still get carded for the silliest stuff. Like "R" rated movies, when I do go.
67. I've fallen asleep every time I've ever tried to watch "Snatch." But I love, love, love "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels."
68. I'm a certified lifeguard and swim like a fish, but I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean. I don't want a crab to pinch my toe off, or step on a jellyfish or anything like that.
69. Because of that, I have no idea why I thought a Caribbean vacation was good honeymoon option.
70. Underwater scooter, however? Not a problem.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
71. I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth.
72. I would love to go sky-diving at some point in my life.
73. I will never go snow-skiing however. I've heard way too many horror stories, and I'm clumsy enough on my own two feet.
74. I'm a hypochondriac.
75. I have two doggies named Jedi & Sith and a cat named Rogue.
76. I am not a cat person. Not even close. But my cat is cool, and she's a mouser.
77. I once had a cat that was the spawn of the devil, and was mute.
78. I want to be a badass. I'm too self-consious about my lack of bad-assery to sign up for any type of martial arts or kickboxing classes though.
79. Jay and I's first dance as husband and wife? The Ramones "I Wanna' Be Your Boyfriend."
80. I have no secrets at all from my mother.
81. I played French Horn in Jr. High band. I was horrible.
82. Mental illness runs in my mom's side of the family. I got off pretty lucky with "mild anxiety disorder." Whatever the hell that means. Who doesn't get panic attacks anymore?
83. I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in 8th grade. How wrong they were.
84. I hate gossips.
85. I'm very interested in Ancient Egyptian culture.
86. I didn't like The Da Vinci Code all that much. I found it very "meh."
87. I'm not a nail-biter, I'm a nail-picker. They're two very different things, even if they both leave your nails looking like shit.
88. I'm very shy to the point of appearing stuck-up when first meeting people. Unless I'm drunk, then everybody's my best friend.
89. I can kick myself in the forehead. Don't ask how I know this, just trust me.
90. My zodiac sign is Cancer. I'm a very typical cancer, too. Moody, introspective, family oriented, etc.
91. I would like two more children, but I'm terrified that I'll have to deal with secondary infertility like my mother before me.
92. I believe in fate.
93. I play spider solitaire like it's goin' out of style.
94. I had to get a playstation solely so I could play Final Fantasy. Pretty much everything else I play on the X-Box.
95. I go abso-fuckin-lutely nuts for Halloween. I'm already planning this year's costumes.
96. I let Jay think I'm a lot more helpless than I actually am. This helps keep his male ego inflated. Besides, who really wants to unclog a toilet if they don't absolutely have to?
97. I don't have a competitive bone in my body. This frustrated my dad to no end when I was growing up.
98. I would absolutely love to learn to play the bass guitar.
99. I'm a fairly good shot, but I've never shot anything alive. Only immobile targets and clay pigeons.
100. Everyone always acts like this is shocking, but I don't like the movie Spaceballs. It's not the movie's fault though. I just have bad associative memories of what else happened the night I first saw it.


So that's my 100 things. I hope you feel like you know me a little better.

Labels: