Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Age-old Dilemma

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I just don't get men.

Wait, maybe I should back up a little bit. Obviously I understand at least a little bit about men. How else could I have gotten one to marry somebody as crazy as me? What I don't understand is how men interact with other men. I think that a lot of this has to do with the fact that I spent my formative adult years with goth and emo whiney boys who never acted like men to begin with.*

This came up over the weekend while Jay and I watched "Secret Window." (Which was not nearly as horrible as I had been led to believe. Still not great, but not horrible either.) Jay and I got to talking about the behavior of the soon-to-be-ex-wife's new boyfriend in the movie. Whereas I thought he was being an emotionally supportive, helpful significant other, Jay thought he was being an intrusive ass. Apparently there is some kind of pecking order, testosterone thing between exe's and current's, at least according to Jay.

We girls keep it much simpler. According to us, you have no previous women in your life. And if, for some strange reason, you do...they're much uglier than we are. And that's it.

I guess it could be worse. At least they're not peeing on our legs. Although sometimes I think Jay would like to.




*Which is not to say that all goth and emo boys act like this. If you have more eyeliner on than your girlfriend however, this probably applies to you.

Labels: