Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Don't Wanna' Know How You Change A Tire.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I don't like to play the helpless little girl card. (Except with Jay, who knows it's a load of crap, anyway.) When it comes to cars, I may not be a mechanic, but I know the basics. You know, how to change oil, change a tire, do a tune-up, change a fan belt, etc. So it wasn't any big deal when Jay called me at work yesterday to ask me to check my oil before I headed home. Apparently, there was a big oil stain in the driveway. Yuck.

After I got done at work I went out to the parking lot and popped my hood. One of the guys I work with was also leaving at the same time, and when the hood went up, he beelined over.

Him: "Need some help?"
Me: "I'm just checking my oil. Thanks, but I've got it."
Him: "Oh, that's okay; I'll help!"
He pulls out a dipstick and tells me that it looks fine...

Me: "That's great, but I wanted to check my oil, not my transmission fluid."

Labels: