Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Deja Vu

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I don't know if you've read my "About Me" section over in the sidebar, but I had an eerily similar incident happen the other day that I just had to tell you about. Jay and I were talking with his father when we got on the subject of the movie Fargo. Jay seemed surprised to find out that his father really liked that movie, and I just blurted out the first thing I thought of, which was, "Who doesn't like a movie where a body gets put through a wood chipper?" (Yes, I have absolutely no filter between my brain and my mouth.) My father-in-law kind of awkwardly chuckled and said, "I don't know about you sometimes."

Whoever knew that liking gory, violent films would be such a defining measure of my personality? I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I like what that says about me much more than if my favorite movie were, say, The Notebook.

Labels: ,