Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MWF seeking

Thursday, October 04, 2007

I signed Bean up for tumbling classes. When people ask me why, I give them all kinds of reasons that sound real good, like she needed more interaction with kids her own age, or she needs some type of structured fun, or what have you, but the plain and simple truth is that it was good old-fashioned bribery to get her to use the potty. Which is not to say that those other reasons aren't bonuses.



Really, it is nice watching her make new friends, though. I tell you what, though. Play dates are definitely called "dates" for a reason. I feel like I'm on the singles market again. Trying to find parents that you can deal with to hang out with while your kids are playing is tough. There's one little girl who's a total princess, and her mom's nose is so far up in the air that it's amazing she doesn't drown when it's raining. There's another kid who cries through every class while his parents do nothing at all to console him. There are two little boys who are already best friends and won't have anything to do with Bean. Fortunately, there is one little girl that Bean gets along with fabulously whose mom seems pretty cool.



The next step, asking if they would like to get together sometime, is still like the dating scene, too. I don't want to come on too strong, or I might seem overbearing. But I don't want to seem too blase about it either, or they might think I'm not interested.



Man, it feels like I'm 17 again.

Labels: ,