Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bravery

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A girl in my city was carjacked recently, and I think she's a real hero. She managed to secretly dial 911 on her cell phone while being held at knifepoint. She made sure to mention her location and car description while the phone was on. She pulled a move straight out of the movies, and dove out of the car onto a median. She also went onto a neighborhood watchdog website and found the carjacker there, helping police come up with a suspect almost right away. The guy has now been caught, thanks in large part to his victim. I'm in such awe.

And in the same vein, a 7 year old girl kept a gun-toting bad guy from stealing money from her mom's employer. Bonus cute kid quotes from the girl in that article.

Labels: