Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pregnancy Update

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I take a certain amount of pride in the fact that although I am, in fact, a mommy I can still refrain from being a mommy blogger. I never liked fitting into a pre-conceived idea at all. My long-winded point, however, is that if I get too annoying with this whole pregnancy thing, feel free to beat me about the head and shoulders with bags of frozen vegetables.

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time this week. It was a nice, strong, healthy tha-thump. This relieved me to no end, because two weeks ago we weren't able to pick up a heartbeat at all. And, of course, even though the doctor tells you not to worry, that's all you do until you're proven wrong.

2 months until the all-important "Move your legs!" ultrasound. Hopefully, we'll get a little cooperation. Then we'll be able to cut out half the names we're fighting over. (Apparently, Jay's good taste only extends to the woman he chose to marry. Oh, and picking out paint colors.)

So that's the latest news from my uterus. Unfortunately, there's a lot more going on in there rather than outside right now.

Labels: