Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kick in the Rear

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I've been pretty lucky. Both my pregnancies served double-duty as pretty big wake-up calls also.
My first pregnancy (the one I aborted) gave me a clear view of the path my life was taking at the time. It gave me the incentive to dig myself out of the hole I was in, and more than likely saved my life.
My second pregnancy (resulting in Bean) made me realize how crazy in love with Jay I was, and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. (Although really, that could've just been the hormones talking.)
I just found out I'm pregnant again, and it's making me take a look at where I'm at in life. And I came to a realization. While I'm completely happy at home (and ecstatic to be having another baby), I'm completely despondant at work. It's time for me to look for a career, rather than just a job. I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck, tired of never living up to my potential. This probably means I'll be going back to school. It's too late to get in on this semester, and next semester I'll be giving birth (due date: April 25th), so it'll probably be a year or so until I can get on track, but I can use the time between now and then to prepare.
Hopefully I can decide what I want to be "when I grow up" between now and then.

Labels: