Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saying Goodbye

Monday, November 06, 2006

Dear Hollywood Bar & Filmworks,

I'm going to miss you. You were my favorite movie theater in this city. What other movie theater serves pitchers of long island iced teas? What other movie theater allows smoking? What other movie theater does Rocky Horror Picture Show live once a month?

It's too bad your owner didn't promote you in these later years. If he would've taken out a full page newspaper ad 2 months before you closed, he probably could've gotten a ton of support and been able to prevent your sad demise. Instead he took out a full page newspaper ad 4 days after you close to rant about the politicians he blames for ruining you. Which was the first I heard of you closing.

So many memories with you, dear HBF. My first Rocky Horror, and the trepidation I felt at going up for the virgin auction and sacrifice. The houses you've helped me live in, by employing my roommates. The nostalgic posters and decor in your environs. The nights I don't remember because of those long island pitchers.

I'll try not to be too sad, HBF. I know you wouldn't want that. (Besides, I hear you have a sister in Chicago.)

Labels: ,