Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Peer Pressure

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Have you ever looked back at the peers who’ve influenced the person you’ve become? Some good, some not so good. But all of them have stuck with you through the years. I’m not talking about the big stuff like who you lost your virginity to, I’m talking about the absolutely trivial, but you wouldn’t be you without it.

My best friend in 8th grade took me camping for the first time. I haven’t spoken to her in years, but I still camp just as often as I can. A guy in my study hall in high school introduced me to punk music. I have no idea whatever happened to that guy, but I met my husband at a punk show. My neighbor in 7th grade told me I looked like a two dollar whore with eye liner on. To this day, I almost never wear make-up. My boyfriend when Star Wars: Episode I came out convinced me to go stand in line with him; I now have dogs named Jedi & Sith (yes, I know exactly how geeky that is).

Who influenced you in a silly but lasting way?

Labels: ,