Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Good For Nothing

Friday, March 09, 2007

I took a skills assesment quiz because I've had enough of jobs and am ready to look for a career. As I went through my top 10 job matches, and found reasonable objections to each prospective career, I realized, wow, I'm not good at anything relevant. Or maybe I'm just lazy and good at making excuses. But seriously, some of these job suggestions were completely off-the-wall.

Actress? That'd be fantastic, but please let me know how I'm to keep my family fed while I'm waiting to be discovered here in Indiana. Dancer? Considering I have no classical dance training, I can only think of one kind of dancing where I would make money and, uh, that ain't happening. Courier service driver? What? Is that even a real answer?

You know it's pretty sad when the skills assesment quiz basically tells you that you're not good at anything. Looks like I'm destined to be a penniless-artist-wanderer-beachcomber type. Maybe I should just go get a degree in philosophy. Or communications.

Labels: