Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Home Sweet Home

Thursday, March 08, 2007

I became a homeowner at the ripe old age of 21. I knew that I was taking a huge step when I did this, and I'm glad I did. Unfortunately, being that young, I had very little idea of what being a homeowner implies. Visions of home-decorating and stripper poles danced in my head. (Thank God I never went through with that.)

I think my parents must've hated me for about the first 6 months after I moved in. They were inundated with phone calls ranging from, "Can I borrow your lawnmower?" to "I think squirrels are living in my attic!" to "What should I do if I smell gas?" Unfortunately, my friends weren't much help either, being as inexperienced in home-ownership as I was. Not that they didn't try. I remember one of my guy friends very sincerely offering to hold the ladder for me when I needed to get in the crawl space one time.

Luckily, I survived on my own long enough to learn the ropes. And let me tell ya', I can plunge a toilet with the best of 'em now.

Labels: