Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not This Again

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yes, my occasional mommy update.

Bean just started sleeping in her big girl bed. She's doing really well with it so far. Honestly, I don't think she realizes she can get out of it by herself. We'll see how long that lasts.

We also bought her her first fishing pole this week. She hasn't had it in the water yet, but we took it in the backyard to teach her how to cast. She's got pretty good form, she just has problems with the timing on pushing the button. One time she had the pole behind her head when she pushed and released the button, so the weight dropped to the ground behind her. Then she whipped that pole forward and tried to look for where it landed in the yard. She looked at me with eyes big as saucers and said, "Wow! That went far!" not realizing that it was actually right behind her.

Pregnancy is going well. Jay and I still haven't decided on a name, but we'll get there. If the baby hasn't gone head down by my appointment later today, they're going to try to manually turn her. I'm kind of nervous about that, because I've heard that it's pretty painful. And, honestly, I'm a wuss. I have all the respect in the world for women who do all-natural child birth, but it's just not for me. The doctors have the drugs, whey the hell shouldn't I use them? My fondest memory of Bean's childbirth is still when that 4'6" woman burst in my room announcing, "I'm Dr. Lee. Anesthesiology!" That was quite a digression, but I think I made it pretty clear that I'm a big wuss, so any well-wishes for today would be appreciated!

Labels: ,