Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Are you lonesome tonight?

Thursday, August 24, 2006

No personal offense, but good. 'Cause I am, too.

Jay finally got a job, but the first thing he has to do is go out of town for a week. He left this morning, and will be back Wednesday night. This will be the first time we've been apart more than 24 hours since we got together. I'm of a few different minds about this. Of course I'm going to miss him. Of course I'll miss the security of having a man in the house (though I do have two big dogs and a .12 gauge, so that's not so much of an issue), but I'm also terrified. I'm terrified that I'm going to love it.

I mean, think about it. The whole house, all to myself, for a whole week! Well, except for the rugrat, of course. No having to deal with dirty man socks laying wherever he decides to throw them, no toilet seat left up, no middle-of-the-night-right-when-I'm-in-the-middle-of-an-awesome-dream groping, no nagging, cooking exactly what I want for dinner...It sounds kind of heavenly, to tell you the truth.

I know it's good for a relationship for each person to have their own personal time, and Jay & I try to abide by that. We have our respective girls and boys nights out. I game every Monday, every Wednesday he has band practice, etc., etc. Our personal time has just never extended for this long, and hasn't included time in the house, really, before.

Anyone care to place any bets about how long it'll be until I get a whiny post about how I miss him so much up?

Labels: