Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MySpace Misery

Monday, August 28, 2006

Yes, I succumbed to the peer pressure a long time ago and set up a MySpace page. At first I loved it. And still do, mostly. I caught up with some folks from high school, keep up to date on most of my favorite bands, not to mention find all kinds of new local bands. Lately it's just gotten out of hand though. I'm starting to wonder if the good stuff is worth all the trouble.

Recently I was contacted by someone I haven't spoken to in years. By choice. Granted, he said he was reaching out because he wanted to apologize for "doing wrong by me" because he's "not an ass anymore" and wants to "atone" for the things he did back in the day. And this guy didn't just treat me like crap, he treated me like a big steaming pile of elephant crap. As in, told my friends that he had gotten syphilis from me. And when I had my (negative) test results back, he recanted and said that he had gotten syphilis from his cat. I don't even wanna' know what he was doing with his cat. But that was when we were all a lot younger. And because I'm a sucker and an optimist, I told him there was no need to apologize; that it was all water under the bridge. I seriously need to grow a pair. I'll let anybody get away with anything as long as they 'fess up and apologize.

I also have reconnected with a girl that I was really good friends with in high school. We lost contact when she entered an abusive relationship and her asshole boyfriend decided she couldn't have friends. Especially friends who encouraged her to think for herself. So of course I was out of the picture. I was overjoyed to find that she had found the strength to leave the abusive asshole and was currently going back to college. My joy evaporated quickly with each bulletin that she sent out. She has become a raging Republican. Which I may not agree with, but I don't choose my friends based on their political affiliations. The problem is that she sends out increasingly offensive bulletins full of patriotic brainwashing rhetoric. It's gotten to the point where it has crossed the line into blatant racism. The most recent bulletin she sent out was crabbing about a stamp the USPS was planning on putting out commemerating a Muslim holy day. Because, of course, all Muslims are responsible for what a few radicals have done. < /sarcasm > I know the easy solution is to stop being her friend, but I feel honor-bound, in a sense, to try and help her. Even though 9 times out of 10, things like this are bound to fail. I just don't know.

I guess I could ignore everything except the bands.

Labels: