Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mom Update

Monday, March 12, 2007


Jay and I are both amazingly laid-back people. This is why other first-time parents sometimes crack me up. Some of our friends recently had a baby, and made both sets of grandparents watch a video about the 4 "S's" of swaddling (whatever those are) before they could hang out with the baby. I'm personally of the opinion that if my parents got me to adulthood, they're not gonna' screw Bean up too badly. So when she spends the night with them, I hand her over with one hand, the diaper bag with the other, and then run like the denizens of Hell are behind me. My sister, on the other hand, leaves my parents with two pages of instructions and calls every half hour to check up.


Bean is ruining Janis Joplin for me. Whenever we're in the car, she just wants to listen to "Mercedes Benz" over and over again. At least it's not a Care Bear CD, I guess.


Yesterday Bean was fed a bunch of candy and wasn't given a nap. So when bedtime came around, she resembled nothing so much as a sugar-charged demonically-possesed tornado. Generally I don't do this, buy I let her lay in our bed with me until she fell asleep. Jay was sleeping on the couch (guess why). The girl was cracking me up. When I told her I'd put her back in her own bed if she didn't lie still and be quiet, she promised to be quiet, rolled over and proceeded to fake snore. This is a new thing for her and it was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud. Because, of course, if you laugh, they know they've won.

Labels: