Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Someone Needs Help, I'm Just Not Sure Who

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'll be the first to admit that growing up, I was a weird kid. I remember some of my oddest habits included shaving with my dad (he would put shaving cream on my face and I would scrape it off with a spoon. Not that weird except for the fact that I was a girl. Shaving. My face.), liking Richard Simmons, going through phases where I thought I was a different species (like a horse), & thinking that my dog could talk to me. I guess it shouldn't be any surprise to me that my daughter's picked up a few odd habits of her own.

Honestly, if she wasn't only two years old, I would probably be sending her to a shrink. She has long, in-depth conversations with people that aren't really there. And not imaginary friends, real people. This morning, for example, I heard her talking to her Aunt Mimi.

I don't worry about it too much though because, honestly, how much of a grasp of reality can someone who's in love with a 6 foot tall yellow bird really have?

Labels: