Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Will Find a Center in You.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Recently, I bought one of those do-it-at-home yoga DVD's. I figure that I should start doing something to get in better shape. I'm getting to that age where my metabolism is starting to slow, I can't stay up as late, my hangovers start getting worse. Besides, I figure it's got to be cheaper to lose weight rather than buy all new clothes, which is what I'll have to do if my figure continues at its current pace.

Anyway, I popped the DVD in last night after Bean was in bed, thinking that this would be my best chance to have a little peace. I made it through the routine okay, and I could tell that once I've worked at it for a while, it really will help my flexibility. At the end of the routine, it has you lay on the floor, close your eyes, concentrate on your breathing, & close out the outside world. Pretend I'm asleep? I rock at this! So, I'm laying there, feeling my chest expand and collapse with my breathing, and I must have done too good a job. All of a sudden, I feel Jay kicking my foot. He asks me, very concerned, "Are you dead?"

I open my eyes and glare at him. He's not helping me close out the outside world at all. Apparently, he really was worried about me. He said I was "out here doing this new thing that I've never done before, just laying there not doing anything." I must say, I'm so touched that if I die in the living room, he'll be concerned enough to kick my foot and make sure I'm really dead. Overcome with grief, I'm sure.

Labels: