Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Notes From All Over

Friday, March 16, 2007

Sorry I've been kind of MIA this week. Between having the first cold of spring, losing an hour, and being absolutely swamped at work, I've been kind of bleh.

Some of the signs of spring have been cropping up. Besides the cold, the Canadian geese have been showing up. I was attacked by a goose when I was 7, and it left me with a full blown phobia of the hateful things. Jay, of course, thinks this is hilarious, but I find it to be quite a hindrance at times. For instance, I've been late to work twice this week because I refuse to get out of my car if there's a goose between where I'm parked and the door to work.

Jay's band has two shows booked next week and I'm super-excited about one of them. They're opening for an awesome band out of Japan, Peelander-Z. If you've never heard of them, you should check them out. This is also a really good opportunity for the guys, as there should be a pretty big crowd for this show.

I'm sure this is really surprising, but I'm not much of a domestic goddess. Yet I volunteered to make soda bread for a St. Patty's Day party tomorrow. I've never made it before, so wish me luck.

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, I love my Irish heritage. That doesn't change the fact that St. Patrick was a murderer from Wales who liked to burn libraries. But here's one of my favorite Irish toasts that you're welcome to use tomorrow:
Here's to me and here's to you,
And here's to ever after.
I'll be true as long as you
And not a moment after.

Labels: ,