Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fly Away Home

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I know I told you about how Jay got me Guitar Hero II for our anniversary, (or, as Bean calls it, Bitar Hewo) but I didn't mention his established history as the world's best gift-giver. He's everything that (stereotypically) women wish men were when it comes to gift giving. He's thoughtful, extravagant, creative, blah, blah, blah. And ladies (or guys), if you're sitting there cussing me right now, stop. Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be the worst gift giver in the family? It sucks, and every gift-giving holiday I stress out hardcore over what to get Jay. It's not that gifts are that important, especially when you're as poor as we are, but I like to show that I put some thought into it.

I think I may have finally acheived the pinnacle of gift-giving success this year for Father's Day. I bought Jay an introductory flying lesson. He opened the certificate, dropped his jaw and said, "You're shitting me!" I've never seen him react like that. I can't wait to see how he likes it when he actually goes. And I'm going to be such a big dork, taking his picture with the plane and all that. Hope he doesn't get embarassed!

Labels: