Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stranger Than Fiction

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky. Perfect weather to run some errands. I'm minding my business in my car, humming along with one of my favorite songs. The windows are rolled down, the better to enjoy some fresh air. All of a sudden, I feel a sharp, stinging pain. It's horrible. I scream. I notice the bee that has just stung me, but I never notice the other car that I run into.

Okay, so some people have interesting nightmares about chainsaw wielding murderers (hopefully with some Bud Light), or killer clowns, or other such stuff. Not me. I have nightmares about car crash causing insects.

I don't feel quite so paranoid though, as this scenario recently happened. Unfortunately, a couple died in the wreck. I'm so glad that charges aren't being pressed against the stung driver. I can only imagine the guilt that he's living with on his own, and it was a horrible accident. Needless to say, I think I'll be keeping my windows up. For a while, at least.

Labels: