Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Channeling Art Linkletter

Thursday, July 05, 2007

So yesterday was Bean's birthday. She's a whole wopping 3 years old now. It's crazy. When I look at her I still expect to see my little baby, but she's not anymore. As she likes to remind me several times a day, she's a big girl now. The problem with this is that I sometimes overestimate her capabilities. For example, she knew her birthday was yesterday, she just doesn't understand the concept of the future well enough to know that her birthday party is on Saturday. She went to the store with 2 of her aunts yesterday, and apparently made the lady behind them in line think she was horribly deprived. "It's my birthday and I got no presents, I got no party, I got no cake."

But at other times her logic astounds me. The other day I caught her trying to give Daisy a gummy worm. We've discussed before why she can't give food to a newborn, but I thought I'd go over it with her again. "Remember, we can't give food to Daisy; she doesn't have any teeth." The argument for: "Her can just lick it!" Hey, she may not have pronouns down yet, but at least she wants to share. Be thankful for small favors, huh?

She definitely knows how to turn a phrase. The other day she threw a tantrum over something, I'm not sure what. (Which, by the way, everyone who said 3 is worse than 2 is soooo right) What I do remember though, is her coming up to me after she was done to tell me "I got crying in my eyes." Poor girl.

Labels: