Under Surveillance

About A Girl

Once upon a time, I was in a video store with my then boyfriend trying to pick out a movie to watch. I picked up John Carpenter's Vampires, and proceeded to tell the boy about the coolest scene in the movie, where a guy uses his hot-from-being-fired gun to cauterize a wound he received. Said boyfriend looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "You're not like other girls, Betty."

Name::Braindead Betty
From::Indy, Indiana, United States


Email Me
Cast of Characters
My 100 Things



Blogroll



Recently



Archives



Miscellany

Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from braindead betty. Make your own badge here.

Template by Braindead Betty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If We Could Do It Over

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

We had a little bit of a family scare the other day. Alzheimer's disease runs in my family, and my Grandma was acting pretty loopy the other day, so everybody was getting scared that the disease may have begun claiming her. Come to find out, Grandma's just a druggie. Okay, that's not exactly fair to my Grandma. She fell on the ice twice this winter and managed to break both of her wrists. One of them was broken pretty badly, and she had to have surgery. After the surgery, she got a Vicodin prescription, and instead of taking it as needed no more than once every four hours, she was taking 1000 mg every four hours on the dot. Needless to say, my Grandma was in a pretty happy place. I wonder if she was trying to make up for the sobriety of her youth, and is happy letting us believe that it was an honest mix-up. I just wonder how my aunt who's been staying with her to help completely missed this. For four days. Oh well, it at least makes me feel less like the black sheep in the family.

Labels: